ZERO WASTE - LESS WASTE

ZERO WASTE - Pomocnik zerowaste/less waste Łódż

POLISH ONLY Od dłuższego już czasu interesuję się ideą zero waste/less waste. Staram się promować informacje niezbędne dla innych mogące ...

Thursday, March 26, 2009

Mount Vernon

Week ago my friend Olga'shost mom invited me to join her family and my friend to a trip to Mount Vernon in Virginia. It was very nice trip. Unfortunately the weather was terrible: cold wind and shower. After all, I ended up with runny nose. Well, it wasn;t to back since it was my first cold since I came here to America.

Mount Vernon was the beloved home of George and Martha Washington from the time of their marriage in 1759 until General Washington's death in 1799. He worked tirelessly to expand his plantation from 2,000 acres to 8,000 and the mansion house from six rooms to twenty one.
It is the most popular historic estate in America. Located just 16 miles south of Washington, D.C. and 8 miles south of Old Town Alexandria, Virginia, the plantation rests on the banks of the Potomac River.

No comments: