ZERO WASTE - LESS WASTE

ZERO WASTE - Pomocnik zerowaste/less waste Łódż

POLISH ONLY Od dłuższego już czasu interesuję się ideą zero waste/less waste. Staram się promować informacje niezbędne dla innych mogące ...

Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Wiza wiza wiza wiza
Visa!

3 days after my visit at the American Embassy at here it my NEW and SECOND au pair (J1) Visa is here with me.

This time I haven't take anything weird stuff with me to the embassy as previously:
- 2007 - I was during camping at the Polish Scout Jamboree in Kielce (100 years of Scouting Movement) and the date for my visit was set exactly in the middle of the event. Those of you who had any touch with scouting know that usually you have many weird things, all put together in one backack in the tent, and so I had the same. The worst part was that I had many things to do right before living the camp site. The result of this one was that I packed myself really fast. When I got to the embassy, the first question at the security gate (when I gave my bag to the security lady) was: "Are planning to kill somebody here?". Imagine me... It was my first time at US embassy I was already stressed out and here I get the question like that with a very serious tone. I almost fainted! What was the reason of the question?
I had a giant metal scissors in my bag!
That was scary, but it was all. The rest of the visi went really fast and funny. The woman who interviewed me asked only two questions: "Do you know where will you live?", How many children will you take care of?", when I had anwered her that one, but my host mom is pregnant with another boy, she laughed and said that I will take care of one and a half of a baby ;D

- 2011 - I was visiting the embassy for the second time and this time to apply for the B1 (turist) Visa. There were few major differences between those two visits. First of all, this time I had two huge spoons and a fork in my bad (hahahah I know - the look of the face of the sacurity guy was priceless); I spent so much more time at the interview, the woman there asked so much more questions "where I am going", "where I wil stay", "How long I will stay" "where I am going to make my master degree research" and more. However since I said that I am going to USA to make some research for my MA thesis she noded and said that yes I need the visa. At the end she smiled, and said that I will have my visa for short trips to USA.
I think it will be good to say that when I landed in USA the consul guy at the airport asked so much more  and detailed questions that I amost forgot why did I even came to USA (J1 is much easier - they are giving you a stemple with no questions).

-2012 - This time almost nothing funny. I had my visit last Tuesday. Of course I am busy as hell with all my work and scouting and I was in 4 different places during the weekend so what happend? I didn't even made the payment for the visa! I did it right before the visit - at least I knew there is no reason to be early at the embassy that you suppose to be. This time it was so much routine, step by step: the security, finger prints , the talk with the consul... well almost everything was a routine..... until the consul took my references looked and one of them and asked: "Wait a second but how was this child when you take care of her the one name Agata Barszcz?" - seriously I wanted to die from laughing - he looked on the personal references hahahha.... that was funny  and he laughed with when I said it is not a child, it is me ;D

Anyway, I have my visa at home right now or rather two visas!

4 comments:

Natalia said...

so, what would you add tomy list? Maybe you have some good ideas:)

Visa is for you like nothing special:D

Unknown said...

To your list? Your ist is ok (of course you can check my bucket it and make it even better hahahha;p) I was saying that there might be some more inspirations for new goals for me after looking at your bucket list :)

Natalia said...

Oh, that what you meant:)
Great:)

Unknown said...

yes, indeed ;)